RULES & REGULATIONS
1. The Marco Peña Memorial Fishing Tournament is governed by all federal, state, and local laws. Both bait and lures allowed.
2. TOURNAMENT WILL BE HELD RAIN OR SHINE.
3. NO REFUND OF ANY KIND WILL BE MADE FOR ENTRY FEES UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
4. WINNERS CAN BE SUBJECT TO A LIE DETECTOR TEST.
5. This tournament is an individual event.
6. All entered fish must be caught during tournament hours. No check-in is required before fishing. No captain’s meeting. Tournament hours are 6:00 AM to 2:00 PM, June 23, 2012.
7. Offshore fishing is not allowed. Surf fishing is allowed by wading or pier-fishing only. Fishing must be in Texas coastal waters.
8. Weigh in will be between 1:00 PM and 2:00 PM, June 23, 2012. Anyone not standing in the weigh-in line, with your fish, at 2:00 PM will be disqualified. A valid driver’s license is required at check-in.
9. Only rods and reels may be used to catch fish. Each participant may have as many rods and reels as they want, but may only fish with one at a time.
10. All fish must be legal and are subject to verification. Redfish submitted to the weighmaster must be slot redfish (BETWEEN 20 AND 28 INCHES). All Texas Parks and Wildlife Department rules will be observed. ALL OVERSIZE REDFISH MUST BE TAGGED AND WILL NOT BE WEIGHED IN. If an oversize size un-tagged fish or undersize fish is weighed in, tournament member will be disqualified. TP&W Officers will have the official measuring devices at the weigh-in. Please remember the tape measures on ice chest are not always accurate. A TP&W Game Warden will be present at weigh-in to issue tickets for any violations. All fish subject to inspection by weighmasters. All entrants subject to questioning by weighmasters and/or their designees.
11. ALL DECISIONS MADE BY WEIGHMASTER ARE FINAL. ALL FISH WILL BE INSPECTED FOR ALL MANNERS OF CHEATING INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO: trimming, blunting, icing, weighting, injecting, stringing/staking/caging fish, blocking fishing areas, or any other form of cheating.
12. If bait or fish are inside the mouth of the fish when caught, you may secure the fish’s mouth so it does not fall out. If it falls out AT ANYTIME (including weigh in), you may not put it back in.
13. Individual prizes awarded to heaviest fish in each category. All prize categories are determined by length, prize categories are Men’s and Women’s Division as follows: Grand Champion (combined length of one redfish and one trout), 1st Place Redfish, 2nd Place Redfish, 1st Place Trout, 2nd Place Trout, and Kid’s Division: Grand Champion (length of one redfish and one trout), 1st Place Redfish, and 1st Place Trout. Only one fish may be entered per person in each category. The angler who caught the fish must be the angler who weighs in the fish.
14. Kids division is anyone 12 or younger.